Here are some troubleshooting tips for scanning:
- Too much lighting can affect the ability to scan. Try dimming the lights or shading the test sheet to see if that is helpful.
- Try to focus the camera lens (for GradeCam cameras: twist the black ring around the lens).
- Make sure the entire exam rectangle can be seen by the camera: all four corners of the test can be seen and a thumb or pencil mark is not obstructing the rectangle.
- The image cannot be upside down when viewing. If it is go to settings>scanning and check the “flip image” box.
- The answer key needs to have the ID bubbles in (it does not matter what the ID is, but all bubbles need filled in).
- All digits in the student ID must be filled in. Use a zero in the beginning box if needed. Example – class with five and six digit ID’s use six digit forms and fill in the first digit with a zero for students with five digits.
- If a test form with 70 or 100 questions is copied too small, try enlarging it to see if this help. But, remember that the entire rectangle around the answer must be in the camera view.